Ceroc Classes 2024


Hey everyone,
I wanted to reconnect and share my passion for dancing with all of you! It's been a while since I've been active on my dancing blog, but I'm thrilled to jump back into it and spread my love for dance.

As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of Ceroc and modern Jive. I've been attending classes hosted by Ceroc Yorkshire and I am loving every moment of it. The classes are held at three amazing locations: St Chad's in Headingley, Leeds on Monday nights; the Riley Smith Hall in Tadcaster on Tuesday nights, and a new class at the Clarke Folley Centre in Ilkley on Thursdays. Each evening kicks off at 7:30 pm and includes lessons for beginners, and intermediate dancers, and free dance sessions.
Let me give you a little insight into each class to help you decide which one suits you best. If you're new to Ceroc, you'll find it to be a friendly and inclusive partner dance with easy-to-follow lessons taught by some incredible instructors.

On Monday nights, you'll be in great hands with either James Richardson or Chris Hall-Smith, and the music is curated by Lottie Bass or James Richardson. Although there's always room for improvement, it's a fantastic place to start your Ceroc journey. The friendly taxi team will help you feel at ease, and with a few tweaks, this class has the potential to become even better.

Tuesday nights are just fantastic. Jo Hart is an amazing teacher, and the classes have such a vibrant atmosphere with plenty of dancers joining in. While it can get a bit crowded, the taxi dancers are always there to guide beginners through the evening.

Thursday nights at our newest venue are perfect for beginners looking to dive into the world of Ceroc. Ben Gartland is an outstanding teacher, and the vibe is super welcoming and supportive. The class is really elevating its dancing game, and it's truly amazing to witness!

In my opinion, I recommend Thursday nights for beginners, Tuesday nights for those seeking a higher standard of dancing, and Monday nights as a great starting point for beginners who may want to progress to a more advanced class in the future.

I adore all three classes, but for me, Tuesday nights are just unbeatable! If you're considering starting Ceroc, I hope my experiences can help you make the right choice for you. Let's keep dancing and savouring every single moment of it!

Follow me @lizzie_mcandrew

Comments