Kerry B Freestyle 20/01/2023


Happy New Year to you all and what a year it will be. I know for a fact that it will be filled with lots of dancing and lots of fun. Last Friday I went to the Kerry B freestyle at the Riley Smith Hall in Tadcaster and what a night it was. I had the best time. Personally, for me, the music is not the best for my taste but everyone or most people seem to love it. I love it when the more modern tunes are played. I go because I know that I will have a good time. I also know that a few of my friends will be there too.

Tonight, was extremely busy. I turned up at about 8:30 pm and it was full already. Those who turned up after the first 10 minutes struggled to find a seat but they did. I think there must have been at least 120 dancers there if not more. The top tip for a Kerry B freestyle is to get there early. I find that dancers start to leave around 10:30 pm and by 11 pm there is more room to dance. If you want a good night the earlier you get there the better a night you have. I am not saying that the end of the night is not good as it is however, I left at about 11:30 pm and there were still a good number of dancers left. Tonight, saw some dancers come from afar. This was good as I got to dance with some different dancers.

I enjoyed the music tonight as there was a good mix of classic tunes as well as modern ones. I felt this was her best one in terms of the mix. The dancefloor was packed most of the night which is a good thing and a bad thing. This shows the DJ that the music is well-received which is good. The busyness means you have to dance in a small space which could result in some bumping into other dancers. You have to expect a small amount of bumping when the night is as good as this one.


The venue is a good one with a sprung dancefloor. This is a ballroom which makes it a perfect place to dance. There were some patches on the dancefloor that was a little slipper.

Overall, this was a fantastic night. It was extremely busy with a good mix of music. I had some fantastic dances with regular dancers as well as some who had travelled afar. I did feel it the next day. That’s a sign of a good night and a good time. I can’t wait for the next one if this one is anything to go by.

Follow me on Instagram @lizzie_mcandrew

Comments