Masquerade Ball at Riley Smith Hall, Tadcaster 09/12/22


Tonight was the Ceroc Masquerade Ball. The night was really good. Jo Hart was DJing the room upstairs which was a chill-out smooth blues room with an introduction to blues class taught at 8:30 pm. I did not attend the class so I can not comment on it. Jo is a great blues teacher and I have taken her blues classes in the past so I know that it would have been great. I did manage to have some good dances in that room and with what little time I spent up there the music was great.

James Richardson was DJing in the main room downstairs. This was good as there were so many people in attendance. I had lots of good dances. The music was good however with this being the last freestyle for Ceroc before Christmas I was hoping for more Christmas tunes being played than what we got. As it was a masquerade ball and not a Christmas freestyle I am not surprised that there were not many Christmas tunes played.

There were a lot of dancers there tonight. Easily 90+ dancers. When I arrived it was just after 8:30 pm so I thought the night was quiet. That was because the blues class was on upstairs. Most of the dancers had made an effort to dress for a ball. Lots of gorgeous dresses and men in black tie suits. In the foyer, there was an area set up for photos with a lovely backdrop. If you had your photo taken check out Ceroc Yorkshire on Facebook. Some dancers had come a long way to attend this event.

Viv and the Christmas Crackers

The night included a lovely cabaret by the lovely Viv Bolton and her Christmas Crackers. The Christmas Crackers were all women. This was done to Santa Baby which was very good. I enjoyed watching it and so did everyone else. Hopefully, there will be one next year. Maybe next year could be a mixed-gender routine or just men.

Overall it was a good night. I had lots of good dances. The music was good too however very few Christmas tunes played but it was not advertised as a Christmas freestyle so I’m not disappointed. I loved the cabaret as it featured my mum and a few of my dancing friends. The Masquerade ball is always one of Ceroc’s best nights. I love that this event brought some dancers from afar. I love it when Ceroc puts on a two-room freestyle. Gives the dancers something else to try or practice if they love the slower tunes.

Comments