Ceroc at St Chad’s, Leeds 21/11/22


Tonight, was my regular Ceroc class at my nearest venue, St Chad’s Parish Centre on Otley Road in Headingly, Leeds. This is run by Ceroc Yorkshire. This venue is good. It is a church hall with a stage and a very nice bar. The dancefloor is decent too. The venue can hold, for a class night, about 120 dancers. Any more and you struggle with space to move.


The lesson, tonight, was taught by the lovely James Richardson and his demo Jessica Farrar. Tonight’s routine was good. I enjoyed it. The third and final move was proving to be a challenge to several dancers. I am an expert when it comes to dancing or so others have said. I don’t think so. I believe there is always room for improvement. I was helping several dancers execute the last move.

James Richardson was also tonight’s DJ. The music is much the same as last week. He seems to be stuck in a rut. Every so often he does change some of the tunes. For me, the music doesn’t excite me anymore. I dance to tracks I like however they are played every week. I would like to hear some different tunes. Some current tunes and by that I mean came out in the last couple of months as well as the Ceroc classic tunes. Those are the tunes that are from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s that get the dancefloor full. I prefer the modern tunes but know that the better dancers get up to the classic tunes.


This venue and class night is very much a beginner night. There must have been about 50 dancers in attendance. We had more men than women this week so it was the turn of the men to move around. An improvement on last week in numbers. About 6 had come to this venue tonight that normally go to Tuesday's class because it is not on this week (22/11/22). The panto is on instead. One male dancer who normally goes to Tuesday’s class had noticed that the standard of dancers was lower than Tuesday's. I would like the standard of dancers to improve. I make the effort to dance with everyone.

Overall there was an improvement in the amount that attended and the standard of dancers. I liked tonight’s routine. Thought the last move was good. The music could do with being refreshed. Should you come to this venue? Yes. It is a good venue with a great teacher. Doors open at 7:30 pm with the beginners class at 7:45 pm and the intermediate class at 9 pm.

Follow me on Instagram @lizzie_mcandrew

Comments