New Adventure - Feel Good Friday Freestyle 15/07/16

Went out on my very first adventure a far to a freestyle hosted by the lovely Hannah Lonsdale. The freestyle was ran on 15/07/16 and called Feel Good Friday. The venue was a bar called Chilli's in Chill Factore which is a ski / snowboading slop place with bars, restaurants and some shops next to the Traford Centre. Lovely place, easy to find. The drive over there was good until you hit the 50mph average speed check roadworks which, I did keep moving at 50mph.

The venue was a lovely venue. It is a bar in the Chill Factore. On one side there is a lovely dancefloor and on the other through windows and a door the ski slop. When I arrived there were people using the slop. It looked so good. Before leaving I did see the the snow plough in use making the snow look fresh.





As for dancers it was a good night. Not too busy that we banged into each other but enough so the dance floor looked busy. I had some good dances and some different dances. Most of these dancers are taught by different teachers and therefore did different moves. I was reconsigned by two others. One from Southport dance weekender and one from when I went to Ukrainian Cultural Hall in Manchester one Saturday and few years ago. I knew two other dancers besides Hannah. I enjoyed myself.

The drive home was a little difficult. The average speed check 50mph did make me a little sleepy. I also had to take a slightly different route home as I couldn't get on the M621 after leaving the M62. That wasn't too bad.

Overall it was a good night. Good place to go for my first venture on my own. Would I go again? If it was ran again I would but not if I have to be up for work the next morning on the early shift.


Thank you to Hannah for inviting me.

I will try to blog about various dance places that I go as I'm no longer allowed to post the dance moves from the lessons. 

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew 

Comments

  1. It really is a shame that they ban you from posting on lessons/ moves taught. I find it very frustrating not to take enough away from a lesson to practice & then include in my freestyle. I think this seriously holds people back from advancing their dancing adventures. Ceroc & our friend Tim S seem to be really good at holding back the masses... of really good dancers. I wonder where they all migrate to?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment