Ceroc at Queen’s Hall Intermediate Routine 28/08/13

Tonight we had some very special guest all the way from Ceroc South Wales. These are the teachers who teach there. 

Tonight saw Lindsey Chivers as teacher, Mark Kerr as demo and James Richardson as DJ.

Here is the intermediate routine:


I didn’t manage to do this routine as I was taxi-ing tonight. Looks like a great routine. I like the turn lean for the lady (follow). The beginner’s practice class went well and for a change we had more men than women so Chris Smith had to be a lady. We demoded and got everyone to have a go and then moved ladies round. We managed to do it to music.
Tonight was a really good night. We had them from Ceroc South Wales here tonight which was really good. They mixed things up. For the beginner’s class they did some styling which was good. We tend to forget about our spare arm when we dance and we just end up leaving it hanging down by our side.

As usual James played some really good music. I enjoyed dancing to quite a few songs. Tonight I managed to get a dance with Mark Kerr. That was really good. He’s really different from James Richardson and Chris Baker. Has the most firm lead I ever danced with. I also enjoyed my dances with the other men. Was the best night here for a while.

Looking forward to this Friday’s (30/08/13) freestyle at West Leeds Sports and Social Club. Come along as we are raising money to go to the Welsh Champs next weekend (6-8/09/13) Entry is £8.


Also looking forward to Monday at St Chads in Leeds. Starts at 7:30pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Wednesday at Queen’s Hall in Leeds on Harrogate Road. Starts at 8pm.

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew 

Comments