Ceroc at Queen’s Hall Intermediate Routine 31/07/13

Tonight saw Chris Baker as teacher Jenny Adams as demo and James Richardson as DJ.

Here is tonight’s routine:


I found this routine was good for the ladies (follow) to do but some of the men (leads) were struggling to do this.  The men (lead) struggled with getting the lady (follow) to do the half nelson part of the move. I found with some of the men (leads) that I was leading them to do it and they didn’t have a clue what was just done. When doing the half nelson the ladies (follows) are traveling forwards and turning clockwise. The men (leads) are bending the lady’s (follow’s) left arm behind the lady (follow) into that half nelson position. Once you have mastered that bit the rest is easy.

Tonight’s class as a whole was really good and really hot. I think the heat had put some people off staying to the end. People did leave early which did make it hard for me to get dances. the ones I did have were good.

Tonight Lisa who works on the door brought along her daughter Kaitlyn. We managed to do the Ceroc Nu-Line dance again and Kaitlyn joined in. I felt that she was putting all those people who weren’t doing it to shame. If she can do it then so can you. She seemed to enjoy doing it. I think we have done the line dance one too many times. I think it’s starting to put some people off. I promise next week at this venue I will not ask for the line dance. It will still get played at St Chads.


The music as a whole was really good. I like the fact that the music is mixed up each week that James DJs which is good. This week however I felt that some of the best music was played during the class.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Wednesday at Queen’s Hall in Leeds on Harrogate Road. Starts at 8pm.

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew

Comments