Ceroc at Queen’s Hall Intermediate Routine 03/07/13

Tonight saw Chris Baker as Teacher, Elizabeth McAndrew (aka me) as demo and Chris Baker as DJ. At the last minute I was asked to demo and Chris was teaching and DJ. This went well. He did a good job of doing both.

Here’s the intermediate routine:


This was filmed by Chris Smith. Thanks Chris.

The routine was really good. I liked doing the seducer. When you do the man spin push spin the man (lead) can push off on any part of the lady’s (follow’s) shoulder or arm. Wherever is nearest. I like this routine as it is challenging in a good way. It’s simple for the men (leads) and a bit tricky for the ladies (follows).

The class as a whole was good. It was kind of lacking in people. Most of those who were there stayed to the end which was good. I had a good night. The music was good.


It was Lisa Pang’s Birthday so Chris did the dancing with as many men as possible thing. This is where Lisa was in the middle of the room with one guy and everyone else making a circle round her. The men had to keep taking her off the previous man. Not that many men were doing it.

I'm looking forward to a week on Monday at St Chads in Leeds. Starts at 7:30pm. I'm not going to be going to the classes next week as I am away. There will not be a blog post next week.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Wednesday at Queen’s Hall in Leeds on Harrogate Road. Starts at 8pm.

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew 

Comments