Ceroc at St Chads Intermediate Routine 06/05/13

Tonight saw James Richardson as teacher Suzanne Berson as demo and Chris Uren as DJ. This week Chris brought along his daughter Jorja.

Here’s tonight intermediate routine:


This routine was a good one. Thanks to James for teaching. I found that the men picked it up pretty quickly and understood what was being taught. The part that I found was a bit tricky is the lead into the archie spin. I found the men (lead) weren't giving me a good lead to tell me to go back to back. I found myself moving away from the man (lead). I don’t know how to stop myself moving away from the man (lead) before going back to back. I could not get that right.

Tonight was really good and very hot. There were fans on which did help. We did have lots of people here. I had lots of fun and got some great dances.  

The music was really good tonight thanks to Chris. There was some fast music played and given the circumstances i.e. being really hot, I don’t think they should have been played. He should have played more slower songs than he did so that people didn't get too hot.

Tonight we did a new line dance that head of dance for Ceroc Mr Tim Sant has come up with. I personally find it a bit too easy but you can judge for yourself. Here is the demo / teaching from YouTube:


I was kind of looking forward to going tonight, kind of not as the weather was really good today. I found that I did enjoy myself once I started dancing. The nice weather hadn't put me off. I’m looking forward to more nights like this i.e. hot but good.

I am looking forward to Wednesday night at Queen’s Hall in Leeds, 8pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Monday at St Chads in Leeds on Otley Road. Starts at 7:30pm

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on facebook at Elizabeth’s Dancing Blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules.
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew.

Comments