Ceroc at Queens Hall Intermediate Routine 22/05/13

Tonight saw James Richardson as teacher Jenny Adams as demo and Al Griffins and Jonathon Gammon as DJs. We did have two DJs tonight which was different. I think Chris Baker had double booked them. This made for a different and interesting night.

Tonight’s intermediate routine looked like this:


This routine was really good and one of the guys said to me that one of the moves was one that they really liked. I liked the first one with the slide but this will be hard to do in freestyle as the lady (follow) won’t know to slide if it’s not lead well. I feel that the guys should say slide if they want the ladies (follows) to slide. I haven’t yet come across a good signal to make me slide without being told. This is something that does need to be taught. The other part I liked was the blues rocks. This is a move that has to be done with the right person as you can see you get very close with them.

Tonight as a whole was good. Some people did leave early which wasn't good but I still had a good time. I managed to get some good dances. There were a lot of beginners here tonight which can be a good thing if they manage to stay more than 6 weeks.

The music was different tonight with us having two DJs. It worked well. I think one did one or two songs then the other one did the same. It was good because I couldn’t tell who was playing which songs.

This Saturday (25/05/13) Chris Uren and Lisa Pang are running a workshop on music and body movement. Chris is doing his part on finding the beat in the music and musicality and Lisa is doing hers on body movement.  After that Chris is giving advice to those who have entered the Welsh Champs competition about competing and what to expect. Its open to everyone and you don’t need a partner to do this.

If you want to come it’s this Saturday (25/05/13) at  St Chads in Leeds on Otley Road. Starts at 9:30am and cost £5.

I’m looking forward to the Tadcaster Freestyle which is this Friday (24/05/13) at the Riley Smith Hall in Tadcaster. Starts at 8pm till 12am. Should be a really good night.

I'm looking forward to Monday at St Chads in Leeds. Starts at 7:30pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Wednesday at Queen’s Hall in Leeds on Harrogate Road. Starts at 8pm.

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew 


Comments