Ceroc at St Chads Intermediate Routine 22/04/13

Tonight saw James Richardson as teacher, Suzanne Berson as demo and Chris Uren as DJ. Tonight Chris and Rachel Uren brought along their new born baby Jorja. She is so gorgeous. A few of the ladies managed to get a cuddle with her.

Tonight's intermediate routine looks like this:


The teaching was good thanks to James. The hardest part is the last move. When you turn the lady (follow) you have to turn the other way at the same time, then keep the lady (follow) turning until she can't turn no more and then comb her hair. See the video above. Just make sure you go the opposite way to the lady (follow) on the turn.

The class as a whole was really good. It was hot there tonight. I had so much fun. It was the best night I've had. We had some good news tonight. St Chads wasn't allowing us to use the hall on bank holidays but now they are. It took some doing by the people who work behind the bar and the caretaker. Thank you for doing this. I got lots of good dances with people.

Tonight's music was really good as always thanks to Chris. My favourite song of the night was the last one played. The Way You Make Me Feel by Kurt Hunter. Here is the song from YouTube:


This song is very slow. It is great for those who have been doing the blues class as you can do some. It's good for people who like to dance close and those who like to wiggle. This song can be danced to as a slow version of Ceroc (modern jive) or bluesy or a mix of both. I like to dance a bit close with the guy and wiggle. It has to be the right guy. For me it has to be someone I know I can dance close with or know a bit to try to dance close with.

I want to know, what do you think about dancing close with people? Do you like doing it? Can you only do it with certain people and if so what sort of people? It's it always the same people you do it with? Let me know what you think.

I am looking forward to Wednesday night at Queen’s Hall in Leeds, 8pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Monday at St Chads in Leeds on Otley Road. Starts at 7:30pm

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on facebook at Elizabeth’s Dancing Blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules.
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew.

Comments