Ceroc at St Chads Intermediate Routine 08/04/13


James Richardson was teaching, Cassandra Schwartz as demo and Chris Uren as DJ. 

Tonight was really good because there were lots of people here. Lisa Pang who works on the door brought along her daughter Kaitlyn who seemed to love it. She got in lots of dances with lots of the men. For the classes I partnered her up as she didn't know many of us and I was happy to. She was really good.

Tonight’s intermediate routine looked like this:


This seems pretty straight forward. There is nothing too complicated. As I was partnering Kaitlyn I didn't get a chance to go round and see how others were finding it. The hardest part will be doing the one handed mambo in freestyle. I find that the guys need to make a clear step forward, and have good tension in their arm to give a pull back to get me to do that mambo. With it led well it’s a good move. Overall the routine was good thanks to James Richardson teaching.

The class was very busy with it being almost as many men as women there. I had some great dances. If you weren't here, why? You missed out on a good night. The standard of dancers was really good.

The music was really good thanks to Chris Uren. Chris has recently become a dad for the first time. James did mention it. I found that the music was very varied.

One thing that this place lacks is in freestyle good lighting to be able to film people. I find that I get a good video on the camera, but once I get it on my computer I can’t seem to see the people in the video. I will look into getting camera or video camera that I can use in this low light to get video.

My favourite song tonight was the original version of Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. This is the song from YouTube:


I like this song as it has the right rhythm to dance to. I find this song easy to dance to. It’s not too fast but not too slow. I have had some good dances to this song in the past. This is my favourite song of all time.

I am looking forward to Wednesday night at Queen’s Hall in Leeds, 8pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Monday at St Chads in Leeds on Otley Road. Starts at 7:30pm

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on facebook at Elizabeth’s Dancing Blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules.
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew.

Comments