Ceroc at Queen's Hall Intermediate Routine 10/04/13

Tonight saw James Richardson teaching, Jenny Adams as demo and Jonathan Gammon as DJ. Chris Baker was not there as he wasn't well.

Tonight Lisa Pang who works on the door brought her daughter Kaitlyn again and she loved it. She was a little bit tired towards the end. She seemed to enjoy herself. I partnered her up to do the classes.

Tonight's intermediate routine looks like this:


I have to apologize. I didn't manage to film the routine when it was demoed. I did manage to get it at the end of the intermediate class. I had a problem with my camera. The routine was very good and taught well thanks to James. There was one move taken from this year’s Ceroc X routine for the Ceroc London Champs. See Ceroc X Routine Part 1 11/02/13 for that routine. As I was partnering Kaitlyn I didn't get to go round and see how others were getting on. This seems straight forward. The men (leaders) have to remember for the step twist move to step forward to begin with. This is the part of the move that will be forgotten in freestyle.

The class was really busy tonight. It had a good atmosphere. There were some great dancers there. I had some fantastic dances including one from James Richardson.

What makes a good dance?
The music, the venue / floor, the dancer, the moves the dancer does, the lead of the leader, the type of night and the mood that you are in. I find that a dance with one guy may not be as good as the next dance with that guy. That could be due to them learning more moves between dances. What do you think makes a good dance? Do you agree with me?

The music tonight was really good. Had a Southport main room feel and then a slow feel towards the end. He did play the line dancing song. Check out Line dancing at St Chads 25/02/13 for the line dance.

My favourite song tonight was Booty Voodoo by Lee Coulter. Here is the song from YouTube:


Every time I here this song I want to get up and wiggle. I love dancing with people who give me the chance to wiggle. This song is great for people who have musicality. This song has to be my favourite song of all time to dance to but not to listen to. The last post song Moves like Jagger is my favourite song of all time.

I'm looking forward to Monday at St Chads in Leeds. Starts at 7:30pm.

If you fancy coming down next week to learn Ceroc (modern jive) or just want to try somewhere new it’s Wednesday at Queen’s Hall in Leeds on Harrogate Road. Starts at 8pm.

Check out ceroc.com for your local venue.

Like this on Facebook at Elizabeth's dancing blog.
Follow me on twitter @elizabethrules
Find me on Google+ at +Elizabeth McAndrew 

Comments